17 August 2011

Chalvet Open - Practice/Training week

I arrived at Saint-André-les-Alpes, France on Sunday evening

View Larger Map
– had a bit of a run-in with the bloke at the campsite on Monday when I turned up to pitch base. Unfortunately he wanted all PG’s and HG’s to camp together (in a not so great part of the campsite); I thought I’d understood where he wanted me but he wanted me to move – this whole experience left a bad taste (I wanted to be welcome there) so I de-camped to the smaller and I have to say MUCH nicer campsite just out of town. I know it’s not as convenient for briefings but I like it here - Doris arrives on Saturday and will be happy, I am sure.
So we are now camping at Camping de L'Issole not Camping Les Iscles

We had a lovely day flying yesterday. Base upto 8000' and nice climbs be it a little rough at times but that's St A;-) Very light wind which makes a change.



THIS COULD BE THE LAST BLOG - There is no Internet at the campsite so this could be the last blog for the duration of the comp. Hopefully the Comp Website will be up to date with news and results so you can follow HERE
Other bloggers could be:
Jochen
Jamie
Phippsy





2 comments:

hang glider said...

And that was cool yo!

James David said...

That's really cool! Flying that way is so exciting. Hang gliding is one field of aviation that I love also. Thanks for sharing your experiences here.

James David teaches people how to buy single engine airplanes & has a passion for the Cessna 150